1. the second-oldest musicians in my 2011 Top 10, although the oldest is also dead, so I should say "oldest living";
2. the only Chicago musicians from my geographically diverse Top 10; I salute both them and Thi'sl with a hearty "Hometown!";
3. pretty much the only new prog I enjoyed this year, but that's not saying much considering I haven't even heard the new Opeth, and Opeth are great, so don't listen to me about The State of Prog;
4. another Kris N. endorsed band;
5. the most prolific musicians in my Top 10, possibly excepting the aforementioned old, dead musician, to be named later.
No Ifs, Ands or Dogs
The PopMatters review: